Each day gives us something we can celebrate. We just need to be ready to see it; ready to shout out a rousing “woo hoo!” Everyone has something to celebrate. Today, I challenge you to celebrate.
- Find something to celebrate today. It could be your accomplishment or someone else’s. The celebration can be big or small. Just celebrate.
- Plan a celebration. A birthday. A retirement. A reunion. Find an excuse to celebrate with family and friends.
- Celebrate an important relationship. Your time with your loved ones might not be as long as you hope. Let someone you love know how much he or she means to you while you can. As often as you can.
- Acknowledge a milestone you met this week. They happen all the time. Did you meet a deadline? Finish a project? Pass an anniversary date? You don’t have to go tell everyone you did it – simply acknowledging your work and time passed is good. An internal celebration just for you.
- Find a “win” to celebrate. Yours or someone else’s. Perhaps your child got an “A” on a tough assignment. Or your spouse made a big sale at work. Or you were able to get a client to re-up on a contract. Make a favorite dinner or uncork some wine (for the adults, not the kids!).
However you choose to do it, choose to celebrate!